Saturday, August 12

Bits 'n pieces

So I took a detour yesterday to avoid two work zones...and ran into two work zones. Gah. Come to think about it, I think that's a metaphor for the state of my life right now. I just don't have the energy for the self-examination required to figure out how it applies. Oh, well.

________

In-laws will be here in 3.5 hours. Cleaned like mad last night, and some more to do today. Jackson insists his parents' house has dust and cobwebs, too...but, like ghosts and UFOs, I'll believe it when I see it.

_____
__

Jackson picked up one of those nice handheld Shark vacuums yesterday. Cleaning the stairs has never been so fun.

________

I'm really trying not to loathe my next-door-neighbors' children. I don't think I should hate anyone's kids, since I've always loved kids. But they make it awfully hard.

That's all for now. There's dust calling my name, somewhere in this house. Must go find it.

-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't feel that you are possibly on the edge of humiliating yourself, of losing control of the whole thing, then possibly what you are doing isn't very vital. If you don't feel like you are writing somewhat over your head, why do it? If you don't have some doubt of your authority to tell this story, then you are not trying to tell enough. --John Irving