Saturday, October 28

Purse Neuroses

Over at Ally's Diary, a discussion about purses, with a list of the requirements a purse must fill. I agree with pretty much everything on the list. Finding a decent purse can be a huge pain.

I'm weird about purses. I start small--just something with enough room to carry the essentials: wallet, cell phone, a few lipglosses, compact, etc.

Then I get sick of jamming everything in there, and when it's time to go purse shopping, I get a slightly larger one.

Repeat.

Repeat.

Repeat.

Until my purse is so large that I take every single belonging I own everywhere I go. Then I have to dig through the purse for 10 minutes just to find my lipgloss or--worse--my ringing cell phone. I get incredibly sick of this...

And then it's back to the small purse again.

Oh, the cycles of life.

-Kristin B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't feel that you are possibly on the edge of humiliating yourself, of losing control of the whole thing, then possibly what you are doing isn't very vital. If you don't feel like you are writing somewhat over your head, why do it? If you don't have some doubt of your authority to tell this story, then you are not trying to tell enough. --John Irving