Tuesday, January 9

Serendipity

I read this a while back, but stumbled upon it again this morning. It's funny 'cause it's true.

I'm currently about a week away from the onset of Writer's Remorse. Also, as you can see from the previous post, I'm very much in danger of Subconscious-Packing. I'll be reading those writing books after I get to Writer's Remorse.

Others that crack me up because they're so damn right:

The Ninja (my ninjas are fire and water, and I'm really hoping I can get away from this time...)
The Cliff of Justice (damn moral quandaries)
Cockroach Eggs
The Overhead Projector
The Darkroom
Phantonym
Naglet

I'm sure I have some of the other bad ones in my work, but, you know, the problem with a lot of these is that it's hard to admit they're there. Like many other bits of writing advice/humor, you nod and smile and say, "Yes, yes...but not in my book."

Of course not, dear. Of course not.

-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't feel that you are possibly on the edge of humiliating yourself, of losing control of the whole thing, then possibly what you are doing isn't very vital. If you don't feel like you are writing somewhat over your head, why do it? If you don't have some doubt of your authority to tell this story, then you are not trying to tell enough. --John Irving