Friday, November 16

Melancholy

In a slow, quiet, melancholy mood today. I might abandon the project I started for NaNo (not the Super Extra Top Sekrit Project), and lots of other things are going on in my head, and I feel the only music I can listen to on such an afternoon is The Mountain Goats.

Other awesome songs: "Love Love Love" and "Sometimes I Still Feel the Bruise" (actually a cover).

This is just to say hello
and to let you know
I still think of you from time to time...
I know I never really knew you
but somehow I miss you
and wish that you'd stayed in my life.

Gah.


1 comment:

  1. Sorry you're feeling melancholy! I hope things have improved in the last few days. I'm looking forward to receiving your MS.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't feel that you are possibly on the edge of humiliating yourself, of losing control of the whole thing, then possibly what you are doing isn't very vital. If you don't feel like you are writing somewhat over your head, why do it? If you don't have some doubt of your authority to tell this story, then you are not trying to tell enough. --John Irving