Sunday, November 5

My Cat's Tongue

My cat is weird.

He likes to lick things. Not all things, mind you, but certain things. My hand. My legs when I get out of the shower. My feet when I get out of the shower. The shower.

He also enjoys licking a certain toy. When he does this, a loud raspy noise can be heard from two rooms away.

He licks tape. The sticky part.

He licks the strips you pull off self-adhesive envelopes when you go to seal them.

Most of the time, when he does these things, I'll give him a weird look and continue whatever I was doing. If the noise is really annoying, or if I think he's reached his Recommended Daily Allowance of glue, I'll make him stop.

Last night, however, he really got a weird look from me. We were sitting on the couch together--me on my laptop, him sleeping next to me--when I heard a strange noise. I looked over to find him licking the couch.

It's made of microsuede or something like that. There was a large wet spot directly in front of him, which he had created.

Like I said. He's weird.

-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't feel that you are possibly on the edge of humiliating yourself, of losing control of the whole thing, then possibly what you are doing isn't very vital. If you don't feel like you are writing somewhat over your head, why do it? If you don't have some doubt of your authority to tell this story, then you are not trying to tell enough. --John Irving