Sunday, February 18

And we're back...

...to square one, sort of. They offered him more--enough, actually, that we could afford it. For some reason, I never thought they would counter-offer. I had completely dismissed the whole thing from my mind.

And now we're back to seriously considering this, perhaps even more seriously than we did before. I even told my friends about it, the ones that I wasn't telling until we were certain that we would go. We'll probably go down there some time this week for a few days and scope out the area. Maybe even check out a few houses while we're at it.

It's been quite a week. I plan to get back to talking about actual writing in this space at some point, I promise. It's just that things are pretty hectic right now--although, if we move, that won't really change anytime soon.

Nervous. Yes, I'm definitely nervous. =/

2 comments:

  1. I did a cross-country move some years back. The best piece of advice I can offer is to scope out the area really well before actually purchasing a house. You may even want to consider renting until you know where you want to live. Yes, you will have to move twice, but you probably will do so anyway.

    We didn't exactly end up in a bad situation, but we were out in the boondocks for a while before we moved closer to town. And we didn't make much on the sale of the old house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think that's a good idea. Looking back at our most recent move--about a thirty min. drive--I would've wanted to be closer to town if I'd really thought about it.

    Thanks for the advice! See, these are the things I just don't think about!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't feel that you are possibly on the edge of humiliating yourself, of losing control of the whole thing, then possibly what you are doing isn't very vital. If you don't feel like you are writing somewhat over your head, why do it? If you don't have some doubt of your authority to tell this story, then you are not trying to tell enough. --John Irving