Tuesday, February 20

Doing the Happy Dance!

Just got Pretties and Specials from the nice mail-lady. Ever since I finished Uglies two weeks ago, I've barely been able to contain myself. If you write YA--or even if you just enjoy a ripping good read-- and you haven't read these books, well...FOR GOD'S SAKE, WHY?! Get thee to a bookstore!

Now, the only downside here is that I just started critting a story for my new CP--we're trying each other out. I'm only about halfway done with it, and I cannot start reading Pretties until I finish. Cannot. Will not.

But...it's so tempting...right there next to me on the table...calling my name...beckoning to me..."Read me, Kristy...you know you want to...."

No! I will not! Besides, we're driving down to Virginia this week, and I need to save at least some reading material for the ride.

*whispers forlornly*: So pretty...have waited so long...just a few pages, while I take a break from critting....

Yes. I do have a problem. And no, I don't need help.

Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't feel that you are possibly on the edge of humiliating yourself, of losing control of the whole thing, then possibly what you are doing isn't very vital. If you don't feel like you are writing somewhat over your head, why do it? If you don't have some doubt of your authority to tell this story, then you are not trying to tell enough. --John Irving