Monday, March 19

A Public Service Announcement

Two things* the public should know, just in case:

  1. I heard voices in my head last night as I drifted off to sleep. The voices of my characters. Most people might think I'm crazy, but this is a good thing. If they're in my head, then I must be in their heads. Still, it's a bit crazy-making.

  2. I'm totally head-over-heels in love with my protagonist's love interest/sort-of-enemy. Like, every time I write about him, I melt. It's frightening when you fall for a totally fictional character that no one has ever really met, who is the product of your own mind. Or, looking at it that way...maybe it's entirely natural. No matter what, though, I feel the urge to swoon whenever he walks into the fictional room or knocks at the fictional door. That can't be entirely normal.

  3. These things are all good things, because I need the distraction right now.**

That's pretty much it. Now I'm off to swoon and melt, so as to get the voices out of my head.

*Well, maybe two things. I make no promises, because three is such a magic number. I may not be able to help myself.
**See. Told you I couldn't be trusted. Why would you trust someone who hears voices and lays dying at the feet of someone she completely made up? You should really know better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't feel that you are possibly on the edge of humiliating yourself, of losing control of the whole thing, then possibly what you are doing isn't very vital. If you don't feel like you are writing somewhat over your head, why do it? If you don't have some doubt of your authority to tell this story, then you are not trying to tell enough. --John Irving