Wednesday, August 15

Waiting

Listening to: Maroon 5, "Harder to Breathe"

Waiting to find out if I'm going up to PA alone today, or with The Husband this weekend. If I go today, I will be seeing my friends and probably writing in my ol' hangout tonight. I've been going a little crazy ("a little?!" (Okay, is it sad when I have conversations with myself on, of all places, a blog?)) lately, as I approach the difficult part of this novel and have nowhere to go and force myself to do it. Evidently I lack the discipline or focus to do these things when I'm not somewhere with nothing else to do. (Please forgive my convoluted sentence structures this morning. I've been awake for twenty minutes, and I've barely had any coffee).

If not, then The Husband and I will be going for a very short time, and will be heading to Warren with a very brief stopover at home, so I won't have time for the ol' hangout. In which case, I guess I'll just have to make myself freaking do it.

No matter what, though, I'm going to see my little brother this weekend, who I haven't seen since Christmas. Damn him and his "I have to live 3000 miles away" crap! And I think these last few months have been especially hard on my mom, since she's going through a lot as it is, and has to also deal with having a daughter in VA and a son in WA. That's two children, farther away from her than they've ever been for longer than a week.

Erg. My thoughts are super-scattered this morning. I'm going to go...wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't feel that you are possibly on the edge of humiliating yourself, of losing control of the whole thing, then possibly what you are doing isn't very vital. If you don't feel like you are writing somewhat over your head, why do it? If you don't have some doubt of your authority to tell this story, then you are not trying to tell enough. --John Irving