Wednesday, December 5

Joyous Return

Okay, so that hiatus was much longer than I meant it to be. What can I say...the past few weeks have been insane. The following events have occurred since last I blogged:
  • I interviewed for a temporary job that I really wanted but didn't get (I fail at life)
  • I had more than one uncomfortable doctor appointment (everyone at my doctor's office really, really wants to see me in my bra, apparently)
  • TH's company's annual Christmas party, the highlights of which were:
    • We spent the whole weekend at a cabin in the mountains.
    • I ate almost all of my lobster tail.
    • I loved my dress:
    • I loved my hair:
    • And I drank too much wine:
What else, what else...

Oh yeah, it snowed a lot.
I finished critiquing my CP's novel.
We got our first real tree, and decorated it in blue & silver--something I've wanted to do for about fifteen years. Behold:
What else...what else?

Oh yeah. That's right...

I had a minor diagnostic procedure performed, for which I had to be put into a twilight sleep. Unfortunately, the sleep was not so twilight-y...I woke up briefly during the procedure. And tried to fight the doctor and nurses off. And tried to rip the tube out of my throat. All of which, I can assure you, I remember in very vivid detail.

So...yeah. For the past few weeks, busy isn't quite the word. Tumultuous comes closer to covering it. Hellish aptly describes a few particular moments, but I'm doing fine now. Well, not fine, but much better than yesterday!

But I'm back now--and it's December, which means I can officially make another pass through my last novel. I didn't look at it for an entire month, except maybe a little when other people were reading it and I looked over their shoulders.

But that barely counts.

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't feel that you are possibly on the edge of humiliating yourself, of losing control of the whole thing, then possibly what you are doing isn't very vital. If you don't feel like you are writing somewhat over your head, why do it? If you don't have some doubt of your authority to tell this story, then you are not trying to tell enough. --John Irving