- I just sneezed and bit the inside of my cheek. I hate that.
- In the "news of awesomeness" front, though, I just ordered these socks (in pink and grey) and these arm warmers (in purple) from Sock Dreams. I am very, very, VERY excited about this. Sock Dreams = awesome.
- I'm currently...kind of...working on two books at once. It's a little worrisome, and I feel like I'm being torn in half, but it's fun nonetheless.
- I have four queries out in the void. I'm planning to send out three more today. I'm getting either brave or crazy. Maybe both.
- Yes, since I sent out five queries last week, that means I got a reply on one. Yes, it was a rejection. It was both painful and liberating. Once that first one for a particular novel is out of the way, the tension level goes down a bit. Not all the way, mind you--never, never all the way--but a bit. This will be the last time, as I query this novel, that I mention rejections on this blog. I like to have a rejection-free space, and this is it. Plus it always feels kind of like picking at a newly formed scab. I need to leave it be and move on.
- I have nothing else to say.
Tuesday, February 19
Just some random bits of news here...
at 1:03 PM
If you don't feel that you are possibly on the edge of humiliating yourself, of losing control of the whole thing, then possibly what you are doing isn't very vital. If you don't feel like you are writing somewhat over your head, why do it? If you don't have some doubt of your authority to tell this story, then you are not trying to tell enough. --John Irving