So far tonight I have:
- Found a giant plot hole, like, the size of Kansas--and found a way to patch it.
- Figured out just how my MC is going to get out of this hole I dug her in--and from which I was certain, pretty much from the beginning, no escape was possible. One of those transcendent moments of writing that keep me going.
- Stood on the high-wire, juggling a dozen balls, six trout, and a watermelon, knowing there's no net to catch me if I fall--and gotten to the halfway point, where if I can just keep this up, I know I can make it, and maybe even make it look good.
- Paid my credit card bill. Hey, it was on my to-do list.
- Written 2,942 words.
- Fallen back in love with this book. I'll admit, it lost its shine for a few days there, when I wasn't even entirely sure I could salvage it--but now I adore it.