Monday, October 13

Ahhh...

Listening to: The Rosebuds, "Let's Hold Hands and Fight"

So far tonight I have:

  • Found a giant plot hole, like, the size of Kansas--and found a way to patch it.
  • Figured out just how my MC is going to get out of this hole I dug her in--and from which I was certain, pretty much from the beginning, no escape was possible. One of those transcendent moments of writing that keep me going.
  • Stood on the high-wire, juggling a dozen balls, six trout, and a watermelon, knowing there's no net to catch me if I fall--and gotten to the halfway point, where if I can just keep this up, I know I can make it, and maybe even make it look good.
  • Paid my credit card bill. Hey, it was on my to-do list.
  • Written 2,942 words.
  • Fallen back in love with this book. I'll admit, it lost its shine for a few days there, when I wasn't even entirely sure I could salvage it--but now I adore it.
I'd say that's a pretty good night, but I'm not done. Not by a long shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't feel that you are possibly on the edge of humiliating yourself, of losing control of the whole thing, then possibly what you are doing isn't very vital. If you don't feel like you are writing somewhat over your head, why do it? If you don't have some doubt of your authority to tell this story, then you are not trying to tell enough. --John Irving