Sunday, November 2

NaNo Status Update #1

So, I hit my word count target.

For tomorrow.

How hard do I rock?

The answer, for those who don't know, would be "pretty hard".

This is good, for more than the obvious reasons. I'm doing election stuff tomorrow after work, and then election stuff and election results party stuff on Tuesday after work. That pretty much leaves me with lunch breaks and a few hours tomorrow night for writing, until Wednesday. I needed a cushion, and I got one.

Now, off for some much need sleep. Brain=very fuzzy. Hands=tired.

But heart? Heart=happy.

5 comments:

  1. I did 1k over the weekend (just on Saturday), which is about 998 more than I thought I'd get done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @b.e.: Thanks!

    @eden: Honestly, considering my dismal performance last year, I didn't think I'd get this far. Just think - you're 2% done!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't feel that you are possibly on the edge of humiliating yourself, of losing control of the whole thing, then possibly what you are doing isn't very vital. If you don't feel like you are writing somewhat over your head, why do it? If you don't have some doubt of your authority to tell this story, then you are not trying to tell enough. --John Irving